This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thanks for helping to support our blog.
I did it! I finally made my first wreath. It’s been on my to do list forever but I never got around to making one. I had high hopes to make a yarn wreath at one point but after I learned how long it took to wrap my wreath in yarn I ran out of steam to embellish it. I always admire other blogger’s awesome wreaths and right now there are tons of fall wreaths popping up. I decided to hope on the bandwagon and dig out my never used wreath form.
I routed around in my craft stash and pulled out everything that screamed fall to me. I didn’t want to spend any additional money so I figured out a design based on what I had.
I started out with a wreath form I bought at the thrift store. The leafs, flowers and pics came from various garage sales. I deconstructed the flowers and leaves from some flower arrangements a while ago to make it easier to store them. I ended up adding more flowers after the design started coming together.
I had two different sizes of leaves. I played around with the arrangement for a while before I decided to glue all the large leaves down first and then overlap with the smaller ones.
After I glued the first layer I added the second layer of smaller leaves. This project was highly glue intensive!
Next I started gluing down the flowers and pics. I cut off any extra stems from the back to help everything stick better. I enlisted Mike for his design opinion and I added a second cluster of flowers on the opposite side.
Hanging the wreath on the door was a much harder feat. I knew we had a wreath hanger in the basement with all of our Christmas stuff. In order to get to the Christmas boxes I had to do some maneuvering in our basement storage area. It wasn’t exactly an easy job but I felt pretty triumphant when I found it.
Now that I’m in the fall spirit I think we need to go buy some pumpkins to decorate the rest of the porch.